Saturday, March 23, 2013

Beet salad

So technically I guess this would be a knockoff recipe. However I am NOT going to call it that because my version turned out to be much much better. Instead I can call it an inspired recipe. The inspiration for this salad came from brix at the vintage. I actually had never had a salad with beets, but the melody of flavors was so good that I had to try this 1 at home.

Disclaimer: the following recipe is given in country measurements which is another way of saying do as you please. Some people will like more of other ingredients some people will not so proceed at your own leisure.

Beet salad

Spinach
cherry tomatoes
fruit (either mandarin orange or green apple slices work best)
feta cheese
marinated beets (see below)

Add ingredients together in a bowl and toss, rocket science! I dress a salad in my goto dressing (see below)

Marinated beets
1 can of sliced beets
Olive oil
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste

Slice beets julienne style and coat in olive oil salt and pepper.

Jazz's goto salad dressing
Spicy mustard
hot sauce
A pinch of red pepper flakes
Lemon juice
Honey
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
2 cloves of garlic pressed/minced
Olive oil

Add ingredients at your discretion to suit your taste. Then whisk together.

* side note- different flavors of olive oil work wonderfully in this salad I have personally tried this with both truffle oil and Meyer lemon olive oil and both have worked great so be adventurous!

No comments:

Post a Comment