Thursday, December 15, 2011

Thanksgiving decor

Any excuse to decorate right? Again I turned to Ronnie @ lala's land and was ecstatic w/ my wreath....leopard always has a place in my heart. I left my same pumpkin bowl bar decoration
Side note about the bowl- I originally loathed this bowl which was a trinket that survived my husbands singlehood and has some how lingered around for 8yrs of cohabitation. I was planning on doing something w/ it (paint, decorative decals, and just throwing it in the trash all crossed my mind) some how this piece grew on me, I think it's the neutral color, and now I use it as a centerpiece for the breakfast bar...you never know I guess

The center piece I was really proud of in addition to loving the outcome it cost about $5 to make. The foliage was on sale @ michaels and that's where the $5 was spent. The jar was a left over from heb/central market brand vodka sauce (the lazy Italians good friend) it was a "mason" jar and I thought it was so cute I kept it. I had some left over gold in my ever expanding paint stash to paint it w/ I used the same technique from my mercury glass project. There you have it! I have never decorated for thanks giving and had a great time putting it all together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment