Sunday, June 17, 2012

purple bunnies


Here is one of my creations from Debbie Stoller's Stitch 'n Bitch crochet The happy Hooker, or as I call it the crochet gospel.  My copy is filled w/ paperclip and post-it book markers on all of the projects on my wish list, these "Fluffy Bunny Slippers" were one of them and this was actually my second attempt at them. The fist attempt ended in frogging (undoing the work and salvaging the yarn for a different project) and this attempt was actually courtesy of a failed attempt at a knitting project. These were made of 2 different yarns one very thin kid silk blend and one thicker alpaca llama blend- the 1st failed attempt was w/ a synthetic mohair type yarn made by Red Heart, i dont remember the name of it and I would not recommend it I have not worked w/ it since and was not able to salvage most of it bc it snagged so bad. I was pretty proud of this project bc I think its adorable. The yarn used (which was as close as I could get to the type suggested w/o compromising the color) is VERY soft which makes for a very comfortable slipper but lacks some structure places like the ears that was kind of a problem. Nonetheless I love them, and think they are cute :)


No comments:

Post a Comment