Sunday, June 17, 2012

Roller girl legwarmers

These snappy leg warmers were my 1st completed knitting project. The original pattern came from Debbie strollers's stitch n bitch nation. I didn't have circular needles at the time so I modified the pattern to work w/ straight needles and also tailored it to fit my legs:

Pattern
I used cascade 220 and size 8 needles
CO 45 (+ or - to fit the circumference of your leg comfortably)

Work in 2x2 rib (p2, k2) for 4in

Work in stockinette stitch for 12 in. (+ or - rows depending on your desired length)

Work in 1x1 rib (p1, k1) for 1in, BO.

Sew sides together (I crochet my seams)

Wear and enjoy!



I don't know how often I will actually wear these (since this is Texas and it is rarely cold enough or a light jacket much less wool leg warmers) but they are retro and fun....I can hear modern english's "melt w/ you" from valley girl everytime I put them on :)
had to model them w/ some awful patent leather shoes so you get the full 80's effect (pls excuse the cankles)

No comments:

Post a Comment