Sunday, June 17, 2012

Crazy Crafter Inside!

This was my Easter wreath, but as the title state I think the caption for this photo could be "crazy crafter inside" almost as a warning label so visitors know what to expect. My love affair w/ wreaths and door decor is a fairly recent development, and this is my first actual attempt at a wreath we had what i would classify as a misadventure in crafting last Easter when i attempted the butterfly tree (Centerpiece fail) but crisis and opportunity are sometimes the same character...this year I resurrected the butterfly theme and brought to life my vision of a winking bunny through the magic of crochet :) my winky bunny made me smile every time i saw him (its a him, ck out his sweet Easter bowtie) I really have no directions or tutorial on this project its a grapevine wreath so I follow a "get in where you fit in" approach w/ arranging the flowers although I did re-enforce some of them w/ grapevine floral wire, the butterflies are clips (lucky find, thanks Michael's clearance table!), and the fab bunny was made by crocheting in rounds then embroidering a face w/ yarn using a K size needle. All colors were red heart supersaver its an excellent durable yarn great for projects that require some structure. Using this technique I messed w/ the size of everything until he fit just right inside the wreath.
Bunny Pattern:

body
ch 10
r1: 2dc in each ch
r2: 1 dc in each ch except on the ends; on the ends 3dc 1dc 3dc
r3: repeat r2

head
ch3
r1: 2 sc in each ch
r2: repeat r1
embroider face

ears
ch 4
r1: sc in each ch 2sc on each end (do this in pink, change colors for r2)
r2: repeat r1 in white

I picture him giving everyone the Wendy Williams "how you doin?" when they come to the door. See? crazy person inside, issues.





No comments:

Post a Comment